Windmills For Home - How Yard Decorations Can Reduce Your Electric Bill

Windmills For Home-They Don't Have To Be Just Decorations

I started using windmills to scare away deer and crows from my vegetable garden. Then I realized I could use that small windmill to power a marine battery and charge up my electric fence. Then three years later I now have three homemade wind turbines. That garden windmill started my whole adventure to supplementing 48% - 100% of my household electricity, and I'll never go back to the way things were.

\"yard Decorations\"

Watching That Little Windmill Spin

Windmills For Home - How Yard Decorations Can Reduce Your Electric Bill

Three years ago I would have never thought that a little homemade windmill on top of a garden post would spawn an interest in homemade energy. The whole project was inexpensive, except for a battery mistake, and easy to do. I guess I owe the corn chewing crows and the spinach munching deer thanks. That small windmill still sets a top a garden post, but now it's put to work. It has three bigger cousins who work for me full time too, and I'm eternally grateful for the money they all have saved me, and it's a pure joy to watch them. So why not go from just a yard decoration to something that works for you.

Even Small Windmills For Home Decorations Can Become Generators

Sure it may take a little ingenuity, but even small decorative windmills can become generators that are perfect for charging small batteries for yard lighting. Couple the batteries with some LED lighting and you have a free lighting system that never goes out, even if you have a power outage. That's pretty darn resourceful and a neat idea too. Imagine a power outage in the neighborhood and your yard is lit up, that's kind of a funny thought. How about a trickle charger for you lawnmower battery over the winter, or perhaps a battery backup for under sidewalk heating?.. Ok, that would take a bigger generator, but you can clearly see how this spawns other ideas, and can become quite addictive when put into action. Building wind generators and putting them to work is just plain good ol, DIY fun.

Try Converting A Small Home Windmill - You Might Just Like It

Windmills For Home - How Yard Decorations Can Reduce Your Electric Bill

Here is more information on my Windmills For Home Use.

I learned how to make my smaller home windmills here